June 10, 2021 at 10:51 amJDaykinSubscriber
We're looking to simulate the dispersion of micro-ring resonators within MODE and wish to use the equation shown below to approximate our refractive index as this should allow us to use a 2D model and save simulation time.June 11, 2021 at 3:36 pmGreg BaethgeAnsys Employee
Thank you for posting our question on the forum. I think there are multiple options to achieve this, I will try and detail them:
Using the index field in an object:
When the material is set to "June 14, 2021 at 10:46 amJDaykinSubscriberThanks for the info!
June 14, 2021 at 1:55 pmGreg BaethgeAnsys EmployeeYou're welcome,. Something I forgot, the index perturbation method is not possible with the varFDTD solver. I somehow forgot you are using MODE!
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.