August 8, 2021 at 9:06 am
August 9, 2021 at 10:27 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeSources can only work with proper boundary conditions in order to fulfill physics. Mode source has limited size so it uses PML or sometimes PEC; Plane wave is infinite so periodic-type BC or symmetry-type ( PEC/PMC in some cases) BC in both sides is used. Please refer :Ansys Insight: FDTD Solutions 的光源类型及其典型应用：初学者 Please note that for mode (and Gaussian) source, its geometry size can be as large as the simulation spans. This is because the mode property controls the physical size.
August 12, 2021 at 12:36 pm
August 12, 2021 at 4:01 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
A1: I would recommend to set the mode source larger than simulation size. it has no harm doing so. However, if it is smaller, depending on the size, mode could be truncated. I believe the simulation size is proper when you set.
A2: Sorry, it has no English version. It could be helpful if you can use goolge translate. Basically, in principle, plane wave source should have periodic-type BCs such as "periodic" and "bloch"; other sources with limited size in physics can use PML.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency