August 16, 2022 at 3:15 pmgmartinezdearriba1Subscriber
August 16, 2022 at 4:56 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
FDTD uses FDE as the mode source solver, so there is no need to import data from FDE to FDTD. Thus its dataset format is not designed to do this. FDE dataset has no wavelength data but FDTD needs it. If you really want to import, please follow this example https://optics.ansys.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034383054-Using-an-equation-to-define-the-spatial-field-profile-of-a-source-in-FDTD
Basically you need the following script to create source data for import:
EM = rectilineardataset("EM fields",x,y,z);
E and H are 4 dimensional matrix, even if one (source normal direction such as z) or two (z and frequency) has only one value.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.