Fluids

Fluids

Model Solar radiation without fluid domain

• Delta1
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to model a box being heated by the sun using the solar load. I understand that fluent only considers solar radiation for surfaces in contact with fluid. However I do not want to model any fluid region around the box. Is there any way to force fluent to do this without the fluid? Or to model the fluid around the box but have its effect not be accounted for in the heat transfer?

Thanks

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello Would it help if you turn off the Flow equations in your Fluid enclosure? You can do this from Equations under Solution Controls.
      Karthik
    • Delta1
      Subscriber

Hi
      Thank you for the response. I don't think I can turn off flow equations as I am planning to make the box hollow; filled with either air or water in the future. Would you have any other workarounds?
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello To run any radiation model, you will need a fluid region. But if you do not wish to solve the flow, you can turn it off. Maybe, I'm not able to understand your question right? If you agree with this, perhaps adding an illustration would clarify your ask?
      Karthik
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.