December 2, 2022 at 11:43 amCarlos SilvaSubscriber
Currently I am trying to modeling a beam with 10 piezoeletrics coupled with an RL circuit for each one of them. Is it possible to couple a different circuit for each pzt? Can someone explain me how can I do it? I am using the elements SOLID226 and CIRCU94. The applicattion is passive damping.
December 13, 2022 at 8:40 pmBill BulatAnsys Employee
Are you doing this in Mechanical with command objects or are you instead using MAPDL solver directly? For the circuit elements you will need to explicitly define the nodes for use in their connectivity/definition.
Let's say you have a command object under the solution branch in Mechanical.
returns the highest node number in your model. You can then define nodes, e.g.,
and new element types...
et,etmax+1,94,0 ! RESISTOR
r,etmax+1,1000 ! RESISTANCE
type,etmax+1 $real,etmax+1 $e,nmax+1,nmax+2
to connect the elements to a face of a finite element mesh, use nodal coupling to force the face nodes to have a single VOLT DOF. for example, to connect CIRCU94 element node nmax+1 to face named "piezo_electrode", try:
I hope this helps,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.