General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Modeling complex geometry

• joepa_2017
      Subscriber

I am attempting to create a mesh using an image.  I want to segment the image and then create the mesh.  I would either segment the image and then import the geometry into APDL or segment and mesh the image and then import the mesh into APDL.  Does anyone know of a program that could help me do this?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please attach the image.

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

You can import the image in SpaceClaim and then create a geometry using reference of that image. Once the geometry is created, you can then mesh it in Workbench meshing application.

• joepa_2017
      Subscriber

Thank you @nmpatre! Importing the image in SpaceClaim sounds promising.  I am not seeing an Insert button on SCDM 19.1 however.  From what I've read online, there should be an Insert button in order at the top of the GUI.  Has this changed for the new version?  (I am quite new to SpaceClaim FYI)

• Naresh Patre
      Ansys Employee

Hello joepa_2017,

The tools have been reorganized in the latest versions. You can find the File option under Assembly tab through which you can insert images.

Also, check out below YouTube videos on image insertion and vectorizing images in SpaceClaim:

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.