May 26, 2022 at 7:33 pmRomil_AudhkhasiSubscriberHi I am simulating a device in CHARGE that uses ITO as the top and bottom electrical contacts. I would like to describe ITO using a Drude model. However, the electrical material models provided in CHARGE do not give me the option to do so. What is the closest material model that I can use? And how can I convert the parameters of the Drude model (like plasma frequency etc.) to the parameters of that model?
Also, will defining an optical material with (n,k) values derived from the Drude model in CHARGE have the same effect as defining an electrical material with the Drude model?
Any specific application examples that I may refer to will also be helpful.
May 30, 2022 at 5:49 pmKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHi Thank you for your question. In CHARGE, the transport within the contacts are not simulated. YouÔÇÖd notice that in the material database conductors are defined only with the work function value. I think this means the model you are interested in can not be accounted for in the ITO contacts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.