Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Discuss installation & licensing of our Ansys Teaching and Research products

Modeling of fluid solid coupling problem, importing fluent messaging screen grid

• haibin wu
      Subscriber

Hello everyone, I currently have an error with a fluent messaging grid. For the convenience of explaining the problem, here is my simplified model. My original intention was to heat exchange fluid B and C with fluid A flowing in the shell. Therefore, I drew and modeled in SCDM according to the following diagram, and used the shared topology function. When I finished these tasks and imported the model into fluent messaging to draw the grid, I was unable to create a face grid, There is an issue with the display topology structure. It is recommended to force the topology, but this does not seem to solve my problem. I am not sure how to adjust my model, or can I solve the problem of not being able to display the grid after the topology is displayed in fluent messaging? Please help me, thank you!!

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

Could you try to import the CAD file into Discovery and then apply the share topology function? Furthermore, kindly check for any potential issues and consider repairing them within the 'REPAIR' section. Let me know if this does not work. 

• haibin wu
        Subscriber

Thanks for the answer but I tried the first method and it didn t work. I wonder if this is my geometric model modeling process consider wrong, because in my flow solid coupling model, involves the surface and lines is more, when I share the topology after normal painting grid, I now have no clue to implement your second method, because I don't know where my model may have problems, so, can give me some advice about fluid solid coupling in geometric modeling? How to model can draw the grid normally and save the grid number, this may help me this question I guess

• Nikhil Narale
      Ansys Employee

Step 1: This should be a good starting point for you to learn how to prepare geometry for CFD: Geometry Prep for CFD using Ansys Discovery | Ansys Courses

Step 2: Once you have the CAD ready, you can learn how to create grid (mesh) using the Ansys Fluent Meshing Watertight Geometry Workflow: Mesh Generation using Ansys Fluent Meshing | Ansys Courses

• haibin wu
        Subscriber

Thank you for your patience. I will try it again 

• Nikhil Narale
          Ansys Employee

You're welcome! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.