January 23, 2023 at 3:12 pmThanh Son LeSubscriber
I am currently exploring Discovery to understand its capabilities and where it might fit in my team's workflow. A common simulation we do is a press fit, where a cylindrical plug is fit in an originally narrower clinydrical bore. Pre-Assembly dimensions:
In Mechanical, it is possible to assemble the two components with a slight overlap, which gets automatically resolved by deforming the sleeve until the needle OD and sleeve ID are touching (no loads, defined only by a fixed support on top of the sleeve and a frictional contact between the sleeve ID and needle OD).
In Discovery the overlapping geometry does not get resolved in the same way. I tried increasing the detection radius factor in the contact setting (1, 10, 50, 100), in case Discovery did not register the ID and OD as a contact pair, but the overlap remained. Is there a different way to simulate a press fit with a sleeve narrower than its plug in Discovery?
January 23, 2023 at 3:40 pm
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.