March 8, 2021 at 3:33 pmgoncalofaria7Subscriber
In order to do my master thesis in Finite Element Analysis, I'm doing research about the periodontal ligament in dental mechanics.
This tissue (green) is composed by a compressible matrix (water, glicoproteins...) and collagen incompressible fibers.March 19, 2021 at 6:49 am1shanAnsys Employee,nThere is no direct transversely isotropic model available but you could define it using an orthotropic model with a local coordinate system. Check this https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/18020/transversely-isotropic-material-orthotopic-material-behavior-in-ansys-workbench. You may want to look at the aniostropic hyperelasticity model available in ANSYS which can be used to model elastomers with reinforcements, and for biomedical materials such as muscles or arteries. It is a potential-based-function with parameters to define the volumetric part, the isochoric part and the material directions. Here is the link https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v192/ans_mat/aQw8sq22dldm.htmlnRegards,nIshan.nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/3978/how-to-access-the-ansys-online-helpnViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.