3D Design

3D Design

modelling anisotropic hyperelastic materials

• trayC
      Subscriber

What methods are available on ansys to model anisotropic hyper-elastic materials? 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hyper-elastic materials in ANSYS are mostly isotropic. It may be worth investigating if a hyperelastic material can be combined with a fiber to create a composite material that is highly anisotropic. The behavior of the composite can be modeled in ANSYS using ACP (Pre) and ACP (Post), which is often used to model carbon fiber composite material in an isotropic epoxy binder.

Is the anisotropy example you are thinking of human tissue, like a muscle fiber?

Another member directly modeled in geometry a solid, a shell and a beam element, which worked as one to create a sheet that would change shape with temperature. In that model, the beam element had anisotropic coefficient of thermal expansion, so the beam only contracted along its length. Beams with this property could be embedded in hyperelastic solids to cause the model to contract like a muscle.

• aalegre
      Subscriber

I am looking to model this exact phenomena! I am looking to model carbon fibers encased inside a hyperelastic gel to simulate collagen samples. I have searched for several ACP tutorials but consistently find tutorials pertaining to layered composites rather than solids-in-solids composites. Could you possibly point me to some resources that may be useful? 

Any and all information would be appreciated!

• sathya
      Subscriber
      Hi
      Check if it is useful

https://www.sharcnet.ca/Software/Ansys/16.2.3/en-us/help/acp_ug/acp_first_solid_model.html
    • aalegre
      Subscriber

Thank you for the response, however, the link has been removed.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Open the ANSYS 19.2 Help, copy the text below and paste into the Help address to take you to the ACP Tutorial.

https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v192/acp_ug/acp_ug.html

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.