February 25, 2022 at 12:37 pmedoniyasbirhanuSubscriber
I'm modeling post tensioned RC beam using ANSYS APDL. I use CPT 215 for concrete , REINF264 for Steel and Post tensioned steel strand. I assumed the bond between steel and concrete as perfect bond and I used spring element(COMBIN14) to consider slip between the concrete and post tensioned strand by connecting the the node of the concrete and strand steel. However the the load displacement graph shows higher stiffness before reinforcement was yielding and the displacement already halved as compared to experimental result. My questions are
- how the stiffness before reinforcement yielding minimized?
- how the ultimate displacement increase?
I used quarter of simply supported beam to model the problem and large deflection analysis also OFF in my stimulation
I scaled up by four my load result and no scale up was used for displacement result
Please help me I'm tired to solve the problem
Thank youViewing 0 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.