Fluids

Fluids

Modelling continous cooling system

• Imam Tantowi
      Subscriber

Hi everyone, sorry to take your time. I want to ask about the cooling system modeling. Now, I'm looking to model a corn cooling system, whose operation as continuous system, as shown in the figure. To make computation easier, I think I'll model a pile of corn as a porous medium + moving frame in ansys fluent. However, I am confused about how to transfer the temperature value of the corn from the upper end of the path to the lower path. Actually, this system also to drying the grain, which I have to consider the volume franction of water liquid in the porous media. But I have no idea to model that in ansys fluent. So, please if anybody  here, I really hope for your help. Thank You!!!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

That's a sensible approach. 

To get the vapour fraction in the porous media use either a scalar or species. Passing the data back into the system is a little more difficult. An average is easy via Expressions (in = out), but is only valid if the grain is well mixed coming around the bend. 

• Imam Tantowi
      Subscriber

Thank you very much for your answer Mr. Rob. But, I feel interested about your statement that passing the data via expessions. How to set that on fluent?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have a look in the tutorials. You can write a report of the "out" position to get an average value. You can make an expression of that for "in". 

• Imam Tantowi
      Subscriber

Okey, thank you very much for your answer Mr. Rob.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.