February 24, 2022 at 5:22 pmCiarancadSubscriber
I'm interested in modelling the individual laminations of Cross-laminated timber members with their respective properties which are different in each orthogonal direction, but i cannot find any information on how to go about this. Has anybody had any experience with modelling Cross laminated timber in Ansys Workbench? I've only been using the student version of Ansys for a couple of months so apologies if this has been answered before.
Ciarán.February 28, 2022 at 3:36 ampeteroznewmanSubscriberIn Engineering Data you can create a material and use Orthotropic Elasticity. That will allow the properties of wood to be different in along the grain, in the radial
You can also define a stackup of layers of wood with different directions.
It will be easier to help you if you show the geometry of what you want to model and describe the layer thickness and the overall thickness of the part.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.