August 6, 2023 at 6:28 amDebasish BiswasraySubscriber
I am trying to model an array of metal nanoparticles to find the extinction cross-section (absorption + scattering cross-sections). I have taken a large number of nanoparticles in the FDTD cell and calculated the extinction section spectra. In order to modify the extinction cross-section, I always have to change position and size of the nanoparticles. To get the desired extinction cross-section spectra (increased the FWHM), I have to follow a trail-and-error method like this. I change the size and position of some of the nanoparticles and check the spectrum.
I want to know what are the parameters that can be changed to increse the FWHM of the extinction cross-section spectra.
Also, is there any method to change the size and position of the nanoparticles with a few parameters, not by changing them for individual nanoparticles?
Thank you, in advance.
August 6, 2023 at 4:17 pmDevika Padmakumar NairAnsys Employee
You can try using parameter sweep ( Parameter sweeps, Optimization and Monte Carlo analysis overview – Ansys Optics ).
Training material available here : Running a Simulation Using Ansys Lumerical Scripting — Lesson 1 - ANSYS Innovation Courses.
In this case can set "the size and position" as parameters to optimize and find the optimum value.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.