General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Topics relate to Mechanical Enterprise, Motion, Additive Print and more

Modelling of a Fluid Filled Storage tank in Ansys Acoustic

• Akua Alder
      Subscriber

Greetings everyone. I am trying to model a Fluid Filled Storage tank in Ansys Acoustic to determine the system's natural, impulsive and convective frequencies. But I keep getting an error saying the following:

1. One or more Contact Regions are connected to Acoustic Physics Regions. To improve the solution, the contact settings may have been overwritten internally.  Refer to the notes for Acoustics Analysis in the Help System for more details.
      2. One or more Contact Regions have Contact Shell Face or Target Shell Face set to Program Controlled. This can adversely affect performance when writing the input file. Consider displaying element normals and selecting either Top or Bottom shell face.
      3. An unknown error occurred during solution.  Check the Solver Output on the Solution Information object for possible causes.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can anyone assist?

• Dave Looman
      Ansys Employee

It's much better to not use contact between the fluid and the structure.  The bodies should share the face between them so contact is not needed.  

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.