July 26, 2023 at 4:22 amAkua AlderSubscriber
Greetings everyone. I am trying to model a Fluid Filled Storage tank in Ansys Acoustic to determine the system's natural, impulsive and convective frequencies. But I keep getting an error saying the following:
- One or more Contact Regions are connected to Acoustic Physics Regions. To improve the solution, the contact settings may have been overwritten internally. Refer to the notes for Acoustics Analysis in the Help System for more details.
- One or more Contact Regions have Contact Shell Face or Target Shell Face set to Program Controlled. This can adversely affect performance when writing the input file. Consider displaying element normals and selecting either Top or Bottom shell face.
- An unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output on the Solution Information object for possible causes.
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can anyone assist?
July 27, 2023 at 2:26 pmDave LoomanAnsys Employee
It's much better to not use contact between the fluid and the structure. The bodies should share the face between them so contact is not needed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.