July 26, 2019 at 12:55 pmPANDIMANISubscriber
i am GUI user & using ANSYS APDL V19, I want to model prestress to link180 element but it has no direct option of applying prestrain as that older version(V12) or older. now i model my prestressing steel by joining nodes of concrete and giving all other properties as that of older version with the help of previous literatures (link 180 for untensioned and PS strands, solid 65 for concrete & solid 45 for steel plates).
now i give boundary condition, then next i given commands for initial prestrain to the prestressing wire like this,
inistate,set,mat,2 (mat 2 =property of PS strands)........enter
this is the commands that i could found in many thesis to apply prestrain to prestressing wire, but once i given this command and run the model i found it has not at all considered the the command and even when i check the camber it does not shows any displacement values.
is this command is correct, if yes then why i dont get the camber, if not then what would be the command, please suggest.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.