Fluids

Fluids

Modelling Relative Permeability in Porous Mdeia

• Naggar
      Subscriber

Greetings,

I am new user of ANSYS Fluent ,and I am trying to model Oil contamination in ground soil with variable water saturation using the late ANSYS Fluent 18.2 update in modelling the Multiphase flow in  porous media using mixture model .

And I am using multiphase mixture model using three Eulerian phases to account for water, oil and Air.

So the question is, I cant activate/find the Corey Model option after checking the porous zone condition in the cell zone condition dialogue box ,which I found following the Help section "6.2.3.7.16. Specifying the Relative Permeability"  and still I can't find the same option after activating the porous media option.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Naggar,

I am not sure if you have figured out where to activate 'Corey Model'. Here are some screenshots.

• Select 'Eulerian model' in Multiphase. Enter the total number of phases.

• Go to 'Cell Zone conditions'. Select the Zone you want to activate 'Porous zone' on. Ensure that the phase reads 'mixture'. 

• Click on 'Edit'. Enable 'Porous zone' and you should be able to activate 'Corey Model' from the porous zone tab.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• Naggar
      Subscriber

Thanks Karthik

I have already found what I was preventing me from activation Corey model option,  as I was selecting the mixture model instead of Eulerian model which would resolve this issue.

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hi Naggar,

Glad to know! Good luck with your modeling!

best,

Karthik

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.