July 17, 2020 at 5:49 amVenugopalbSubscriber
Greetings to all,
I am working on buckling analysis of composite sandwich structures. If we have only composite, we can give ply orientation, thickness to model the composite. But, if we want to model sandwich structure, how can we add core material in between composites?
July 18, 2020 at 11:55 amnaeemSubscriber
1. There are predefined core materials (foam core like SAN etc & honeycomb can also be modeled) in ansys composite material library.
2. If you want to define your own foam core like PU( which isn't available in earlier versions of ansys) you need to add "ply type" property, among all other properties. You can define " Homogeneous foam core" as ply type.
3. simply create fabric of foam core with required thickness in ansys ACP.
4. Apply same rules of Rosette and oriented element set etc. direction wont affect because its a homogeneous material.
5. In the end create solid model.
July 20, 2020 at 2:41 amVenugopalbSubscriber
Thabk you very much for response.
I will try it and let u to know.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.