November 16, 2017 at 7:59 pmganandSubscriber
I have been trying to model a multi-layer simulation for analysing the vibro-acoustic propagation in multi-layered strutures.
The multiple layers are different in terms of their elasticity and density.
I define all the layers as different acoustic bodies with mass densities and speed of sound.
Additionally, I also define Impedance boundaries at the interfaces of two layers with an acoustic impedance for each interface.
The FSI are defined for all the layer interfaces and the outer layer face in contact with air (which is defined as a big spherical body with properties of air)
My question is: How do I define a harmonic source on the outermost layer to produce SPLs in the inner layers? My objective is to apply a vibration at the outermost surface and measure the SPL on some other region on that outermost surface as an indicative of the acoustic properties of all the layers.
I have been trying to do that by using Normal Surface velocity but it doesnt work. I need the results in terms of frequency response of total deformation and Acoustic SPL distribution at the defined frequency sweep in the analysis settings.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.