September 3, 2019 at 8:31 amOelotSubscriber
I imported an extern model ( a keyword file (.k) from LS-DYNA, it gave me a mechanical model, but I have the impression the size are wrong.
I want to give the right size, but I can't access to geometry model ( it was not create ? )
Could you help me
September 3, 2019 at 9:01 amRobAnsys Employee
Do you mean a dimension is wrong or the whole model scale?
September 3, 2019 at 11:45 am
September 3, 2019 at 12:41 pmRobAnsys Employee
Did you read the model straight into Mechanical or through SpaceClaim? If the latter check the dimensions and whether the units are confused. A factor of 50 is odd, a factor of around 25 usually means you've got inches and metres messed up. You can scale in SpaceClaim.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to work with STL file?
- Using Symmetry in DesignModeler and Expanding the Results
- Rotate tool in ANSYS Design Modeler
- drawing a geometry by importing a table of points
- section plane
- material properties
- ANSYS FLUENT – Operation would result in non manifold bodies
- Geometry scaling
- Parameters not imported into Workbench 18.2 from Solidworks/Inventor
- Convert Surface body to solid
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.