Photonics

Photonics

Modify and save analysis group object and call from main script

Tagged: 

• Chris Chase
      Subscriber

I want to modify Q analysis and Low Q analysis from object library, so that position of time monitors are randomized. Ideally I want to save it in custom object library and call from a main script. Alterantively modify and call default object on the fly. Are these possible?

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

You can add analysis group with its ID. eg

addobject("rounded_cyl");
      set("name","test_cyl");

The monitors can be randomized but the group span and location are not recommended to be random.

You cannot add a group into the object library. But you can save the group into a template file, and later load this specific file whenever you want to use it.

• Chris Chase
      Subscriber

what is best practise for location of time monitors - randomized or regular as in default Qanalysis objects? In some example files they are randomized.

• Guilin Sun
      Ansys Employee

This is different question from the topic. please write a new post later for new questions.

I always suggest to do iteration simulation manually: the random method gives you rough result. then you add a profile monitor for the specific resonant wavelength, run the simulation and find the hot spots. then move the dipole source and time monitor to those spots to better excite this resonant mode and pick up the strongest signal so you get better result. This process can be repeated untill Q does not change.  Depending on which method tofind Q, you may need to verify the resonant is true and the Q is high if you use the Fourier transform method by checking the log- curve is truely straight.

Please write a new post if you have further questions.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.