Fluids

Fluids

Modify the PSR reactor model and vary the Surface temperature

• Sanket
      Subscriber

Please provide me the track by which I can modify the PSR reactor model and vary its Surface temperature using a User Inlet File .

• Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello Array, nWe apologize for the delay in responding as this is a very specific question on Chemkin. nCould you please clarify what you actually mean by user-inlet-file? Also please check the below recommendations.nAs of today,n(1) There is no option to set up a time vs Temperature profile for the surface temperature. (If the changes are step-wise then, of course, one can do a series of simulations with initialization from the previous. This can be done as new problems or continuations. )n(2) Similarly, the user-programing can not be used (due to some variables not in the interface). There could be a (most likely, not straight-forward) way to do accomplish this; This needs to be checked.n(3) As a side note, a parameter-study could be set up -- which would vary the (given) temperature for different runs.nnI hope this helps.nRegards,nSuryan
    • Judy Cooper
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Sanket:nThe PSR has no implied geometry, so spatial variation surface temperature will not be possible using the PSR model. nThere is, however, the ability to do a series of different runs at different surface temperature, to study sensitivity to this variable.nModels like the Cylindrical Shear flow reactor do allow spatial variation. You can create a Surface Temperature. Distance profile for surface temperature using the profile tool, which is documented in Chapter 2.2.6 of the Chemkin Pro Getting Started Guide (also shown below)nCreate New Profile:nnSelect Surface Temperature as the Dependent Variable and Distance as the dependent variable, browse to your working directory and save. You can then add the profile by browsing to it and adding it next to surface temperature.nPlease let me know if this answers your question.nn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.