Fluids

Fluids

Modifying the momentum equations

• azizi0407
      Subscriber
    • subhamdas
      Subscriber
      Since your coefficients are constant, why don't you try and incorporate them into the fluid properties. For example: You can increase the density of the fluid to 1.2 times its initial value so that the factor of 6/5 is taken care of in your continuity equation. Next, in order to ensure that the coefficient vanishes in the energy equation, you either decrease cp to 1.2 times its initial value or increase k by the same factor. I know I'm making a wild guess here, but if it works, then you'll save a lot of time with slight effort during post-processing. Would like to know what the experts suggestn
    • azizi0407
      Subscriber
      Hi, nthanks for the reply and suggestion. Wont it interfere with the results such as Reynolds or Prandtl numbers?n
    • subhamdas
      Subscriber
      Yes, it will. But you know the factor by which the Reynolds Number will change. Prandtl number will remain unchanged since change in cp or k will compensate for the increase in density.n
    • azizi0407
      Subscriber
      Owh. Thanks for the tips.n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Nothing wrong with the suggestions, but I'd be wary of fudging physical properties as that may also alter things like pressure drop if the density isn't constant. You've accounted for the thermal mass by altering cp. nTo the OP, you may be better off explaining what you're doing over posting equations: we're very limited in what support we can offer (read the rules!) so can offer hints and suggestions only if it's not in the manual. n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.