September 18, 2017 at 7:38 pmktiwariSubscriber
I am using Ansys Fluent 17.2 for simulating CH4 combustion with air using the detailed GRI3.0 mechanism with DO radiation model on 2D axis-symmetric mesh.
I am using "Moment Method" to model soot. But as soon as I turn on the soot radiation option, Fluent gives me SIGSEGV error. I don't have any UDF hooked to my case so I am really clueless what can cause SIGSEGV ERROR in this case. Can anyone please help me with that?
October 2, 2017 at 8:53 pmpglAnsys Employee
Others report solving similar SIGSEGV issues by reinstalling the ANSYS product. If you can please try and upgrade to the latest release, ANSYS Student 18.2 in this case.
October 3, 2017 at 1:22 amktiwariSubscriber
I tried running it with ANSYS Fluent 18.2, but it gave me the following error at the first iteration:
Error: FLOAT: invalid argument : wrong type [not a number]
Error Object: 1.#inf
October 3, 2017 at 1:31 amktiwariSubscriber
That was a silly mistake above. I used a single precision solver instead of double precision.
It is now working with Fluent 18.2. Thanks!
October 4, 2017 at 12:41 ampglAnsys Employee
Glad installing 18.2 solved your problem.
All the best.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Heat transfer coefficient
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Exporting Data Results
- Floating point exception