April 24, 2022 at 12:40 pmprebenjsSubscriber
I'm using a source term where the magnitude of the term varies with time. How can I monitor the magnitude of the source term, through time?April 25, 2022 at 7:51 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeYou can create a report definition with that Source Term.
April 25, 2022 at 10:34 amprebenjsSubscriberHow is this done? Can't seem to find the source term / UDF or anything when looking at report definition. However, I can see the magnitude of the source term when using the GUI and entering flux report. However, this should be monitored through report definition, but i need some more explanation since I can't really find it.
April 25, 2022 at 11:06 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeI am using 22R1 and If I a define source for mass as an example I can find it as User Mass Source under Pressure variables.
April 25, 2022 at 1:49 pmprebenjsSubscriberI saw that this popped up as an option, but I thought it sounded very strange that the magnitude of the mass source is under Pressure variable. Do you know if it is possible to find momentum sink as well?
April 25, 2022 at 2:47 pmDrAmineAnsys EmployeeFor momentum I think that terms won't appear. There I recommend to just use simple Report Definitions (per UDF or GUI) and monitor the value of the source term you want to apply (perhaps already using an UDF you just then pass the source term into a cell memory for monitoring). If using Expressions: same can be done.
Viewing 5 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘Monitoring source term’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- legend min and max
- Ensight hot iron palette from an image
- Streamlines in EnSight using MRI data
- Import MRI data into Ensight
- FLUENT APPLICATIION ERROR
- Total Surface Heat Flux Calculation in Fluent
- Drop Test of a Water-Filled Tube
- Difference between “total pressure” and “absolute pressure”?
- Minimum Orthogonal Quality Less than 0.01 For Transonic Airfoil Flow Analysis
- obtaining pressure distribution by making points in ansys
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.