December 7, 2022 at 1:27 pmLuca SchnellSubscriber
Does the number of my nodes have an effect due to the smaller surface area on the stresses exerted?
December 7, 2022 at 3:59 pmAnkush ChoudharySubscriber
Stress is a derived quantity that depends on mesh size. As you refine the mesh (increase the number of nodes), the stress might increase up to a certain limit. Therefore, we do a mesh convergence study to find the mesh size at which stress will not change much.
I hope this will help you with your query.
December 12, 2022 at 9:08 amLuca SchnellSubscriber
do i have to do the mesh convergence study myself or is it something that is done automatically by Ansys? I don't know how i would do this.
Thank you for your help
December 12, 2022 at 3:49 pmAnkush ChoudharySubscriber
You can do this manually or automatically; it depends on your requirements. However, if you want to do it automatically, you can use adaptive convergence in ANSYS Mechanical. For further information on adaptive convergence, please follow the below documentation link.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.