General Mechanical

General Mechanical

More than 6 Usermat Material Constants

• janot.lubritz
      Subscriber

Hey,

ich am struggling with the definition of my USERMAT. My Problem is that I want to define more than 6 Material Constants for my User Material but Ansys always just recognizes 6 of them. 

In APDL I am calling it just like always with the following lines:

TB,USER,MAT,1,8
      TBTEMP,T1
      TBDATA,1,prop1,prop2,prop3,prop4,prop5,prop6,prop7,prop8

And in the USERMAT I defined several variables with the prop(1) to prop(8). Up until 6 Props everything worked fine but starting with the 7th Prop Ansys still says that "props" is an array with 6 elements and the 7th and onward element are a really small number (1e-154) and almost zero. I looked for any hard coded definitions in the USERMAT code but I cannot find anything and in the USERMAT material it says that "nprop" is defined by the NPTS of the "TB,USER,MAT,TPOINT,NPTS".

Can anybody help me with that problem? I am feeling a bit stupid to ask such an easy question but I just cannot find the mistake I'm making.

Thank you so much in Advance!

• David Weed
      Ansys Employee

Hi, the TBDATA command can only take six values per command: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/ans_cmd/Hlp_C_TBDATA.html

You can specify values for up to six constants per TBDATA command. Issue the command multiple times if needed.

So, to define eight constants do this:

TBDATA,1,prop1,prop2,prop3,prop4,prop5,prop6

TBDATA,7,prop7,prop8

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.