Fluids

Fluids

mosaic mesh

• veera
      Subscriber
      Dear sir nI am creating the mosaic mesh in fluent with three non conformal bodies. I am not sure it will work for that nand moreover all three body's are fluid volumes , when I am creating the volume mesh inside the body ..its creating mesh in the voids ,instead of creating in the fluid zones , please help me to resolve this issuesnwe can do mesh only for conformal mesh ?n3 regions are not created when I update the boundariesn
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hi,nWe seems to have missed your question earlier. Here are my responses.nYes, Fluent meshing the geometry to have 'Share Topology' active. But, there is an advantage to creating a conformal mesh. I'd definitely do the conformal mesh (even if your end goal is non-conformal). You can always create interfaces in Fluent later. This ensures a uniform mesh size at the interface between the bodies.nYou will have a choice to mark the void region as 'Dead' is one of the steps. If you do this, then you should see three regions. If you are not able to, please test the same geometry with Share Topology activated (for a conformal mesh). If this does not work, please post some screenshots of your geometry and mesh settings in your comment and we will be happy to help.nThank you.nKarthikn
    • Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee
      Please check your geometry in SpaceClaim. nIt should have a solid body definition. If it has surface body definition then it will fail to find closed volume region in Fluent Meshing. nIn Fluent Meshing you can check free faces after generating surface mesh. nPlus if you want to generate non conformal mesh then you can do following - nTake only one body and genarate mesh. Save a.msh file. nTake second body and generate mesh. Save b.msh. nThen in Fluent read a.msh. Then append b.msh. nThis will give you non conformal mesh. nRegards,nKeyurnGuidelines for Posting on Ansys Learning ForumnHow to access ANSYS help linksnn
    • veera
      Subscriber
      Thank you kremella and kkanade , yours advice is helpfull n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.