General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Motion in a circular path in Transient Structural

• Rajneesh
      Subscriber

I am trying to simulate a pin on disc model in which a flat plate has to move in a circular path but without changing its orientation or say it has to revolve around a given point without rotation. In the attached screenshot, I have to implement the motion such that the plate moves in a circular path in the XY Plane without any change in its orientation in the space.

Please help me with this and suggest the possible way to do this.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Add a "dummy body" to the model.  Put a revolute joint to ground on the dummy body at the center of rotation.  Put a revolute joint at the radius of the circle you wish to be on the path. That revolute joint is between the dummy body and the plate. Add two joint loads: one for each revolute joint. The joint load at the center has a positive rotational velocity about the Z-axis and the joint load at the radius has an equal but negative rotational velocity about the Z-axis.

• Rajneesh
      Subscriber

Thank you sir for your help.

It is now moving as expected but the solver is showing error that "Contact status has experienced an abrupt change. Check results carefully for possible contact separation." Please help to remove this warning.

Regards,

Rajneesh

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If some contact was automatically created when you brought in the "dummy body", delete that contact.

• Rajneesh
      Subscriber

Thanks a lot sir. It worked.

Regards,

Rajneesh

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.