Electronics

Electronics

Motion Setup – Oscillating Motion Function Not Saving Units

• Bryce Teaford
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am an Ansys Maxwell 2022 R1.2 user. I have been trying to add motion to my band to make a cylindrical magnet inside of it translate back and forth using the function 33.53*cos(36.4*pi*Time), and the units should be in inches_per_sec.  The velocity units never save when I put the function in. Leading to my conclusion that this is where the problem is.  I have selected inches per second multiple times and have ran the simulation, but to no avail, I get the same error:

"Error in mesh mapping on band. please check the potential problem in band setting. 114"

I have gone through the process of creating a band (a polyhedron of 150 segments) around my magnet, defining the type as periodic translation, and entering the function in the velocity field multiple times. At this point, I know it is likely something simple I am missing and would very much appreciate any help in fixing this problem.

Thank you!

• Navya C
      Ansys Employee

Hi  Bryce,

Can you share screenshots of your model showing how the band is assigned?

Regards,

Navya

• Bryce Teaford
        Subscriber

Hello Navya,

Below are the screenshots of the band I am using and all the definitions used to assign the band.

Thank you for your help.

Best, 

Bryce

• Bryce Teaford
      Subscriber

• Howard
      Ansys Employee

Hello Bryce,

Could you run validation check? Please unselect "Periodic" in Type tab of Motion propperties. 

HDLI 

• Bryce Teaford
        Subscriber

Hello again,

Here are the results of the validation check.

• Bryce Teaford
          Subscriber

Hello, I am still looking for help on this topic.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.