Fluids

Fluids

motorCAD> E-magnetics> losses

• sahua1
      Subscriber

Hi , I am trying to correlate losses from the electromagnetic simulation in motorCAD with experimental vaues

MotorCAD predicts lesser losses at lower speed and higher losses at higher speed.

There is an option to add a factor for core loss in the EM analysis module. But it's a fixed value. Is it possible to make the factor frequency dependent through any subroutine or other means? 

Also, is there any way to have a frequency-dependent AC copper losses factor? 

Regards,

Ashish Sahu

• HDLI
      Ansys Employee

Hello, first please check the material properties with manufacture. The material data of software library is from public domain and the material propteis may be varied by the manufacture, so user should check it with the suppliers.

Additionally, you could write a script to adjust the factors based on the frequency. The scitping tutorial of “ActiveX_Scripting.pdf” is in MotorCAD installation folder C:\ANSYS_Motor-CAD\15_1_7\Tutorials and the examples are in  C:\ANSYS_Motor-CAD\15_1_7\Tutorials\ActiveX. Thanks.   

• sahua1
      Subscriber

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Yes, the material property is critical. I should check that.

Regarding the scripting. I checked the document you mentioned. the examples shown are mostly to set the parameters or to extract data from results.

Is there any demo scripting for changing the AC loss factor frequency dependent? Or something similar I can use.

Regards,

Ashish Sahu

• HDLI
      Ansys Employee

Hello, there are a few examples and detailed tutorial to describe how to use scripting in the above locations, that should be very helpful for you to write code of changing loss factors based on speed or frequency.

HDLI

• sahua1
      Subscriber

Hi , 

I am trying to follow the tutorial for automation.

I am getting an error.

Python script Exception: PyWin32 Module not found. Please add this module to your Python install.
          PyWin32 can be installed with cmd.exe: "py -3 -m pip install pywin32"

I tried installing it using the command above.

even after installation, I am getting the same error.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks, 

Ashish

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.