Fluids

Fluids

Moving mesh to model snow build up

• DIWAS
      Subscriber
      New Question: I am trying to change the level of ground by using dynamic mesh in steady analysis. I tried using the Dynamic geometry UDF and supplied it on dynamic compiler, The code builds and opens also, I hooked it on the ground surface for the change in the level or depth but it says negative cell volume error. I am using the flux(KG/m2-sec)/density(Kg/m3)*time for quasi-steady calculation of snow depth. However, I have issues on coding the UDF, I have the flux saved in UDMI but I think it is a cell centered value. But, geometry can be only deformed using positions as I learned from the ANSYS fluent user guide and the UDF manual. How to sort this issue? Can anyone provide me some info here?n
    • System_delete
      Subscriber
      This discussion was created from comments split from: Has anyone done simulation of snow fall or drift in ANSYS fluent?.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      move to new topic to make it easier to find. nIf you look on here there are many threads on the same issue. Generally you're moving the mesh too quickly so reduce the time step. In your case you also need to check you aren't nipping out features, ie as you move the ground level are dips/hills with steep sides causing issues?n
    • DIWAS
      Subscriber
      Thanks for splitting the question into a new thread. n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.