Fluids

Fluids

Moving wall consideration

• atul.srivastava216
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am currently trying to model a thin PET film which is moving inside a heating furnace. The thickness of the film is about a few tens of microns. I am modelling it as moving wall and giving it a thickness through Wall Thickness field in the Fluent. Also, this analysis is steady state. The heat conduction within the film is important (but ONLY in the thickness direction and NOT in the length direction). Since moving wall does not have the option of Shell Conduction, my question is that how ANSYS handles steady-state heat transfer problems in a thin moving wall with wall thickness.  I am not able to understand it through the User Guide which mentions the following. 

• C N
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

Shell conduction cannot be used on moving wall zones. I recommend you to use Eulerian Wall flims model to simulate the PET flim moving inside a heating furnace. For further understanding please refer this link in user guide Chapter 18: Eulerian Wall Films (ansys.com) and if not able to access it use this link Using Help with links (ansys.com).

Thanks

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.