Fluids

Fluids

MPI error

• Ansan
      Subscriber

Well I was running my simulation in ANSYS FLUENT via spruce (supercomputer), parallel processing. My simulation was smooth and so far I know had no problem but once I tried to save cases and data I got an error as shown:

Error at Node 0: PRF_all_to_one_csend_real: out of memory. The fluent process could not be started.

Error: Error writing "simulation.dat".

Error Object: #f

How can I resolve this issue? Is it possible to save this case without any error?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Check disc space on the system and where you're saving the file. Also check RAM usage, the error may imply you've run out of RAM when trying to save. 

Can you try a small mesh to see whether it's case or system dependent?

• Ansan
      Subscriber

Thank you sir. I don't think its a problem with a mesh because earlier I had ran this simulation and had no problem. Also, I checked my disk space and found I have plethora of space. Like you said I think its a problem with RAM. Could you please tell me how to check RAM usage in spruce (supercomputer), parallel processing? 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If it's UNIX or LINUX you can use "top" on the head node, if it's Windows I have no idea. Can your IT department check the logs?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.