General Mechanical

General Mechanical

MPI error while doing hyperelastic simulation

• yy4g17
      Subscriber

Dear all,

I am currently doing a Static Structural simulation for a part of my individual project, where I have to simulate a tyre undergoing deformation due to loading, I have succeffully debugged most of the problems regarding mesh distorsion and some non-convergence issues, but then this error poped up during my simulation:

ERROR: Slave process(es) with rank(s) 6, 7 have encountered a FATAL error.
       The information below was gathered from the file*.out output file(s).
       Please review the slave process output file(s) listed below for more
       details on this error.

Slave Process Output File .file6.out:

*** FATAL ***                           CP =    7059.281   TIME= 07:58:54
       MPI error code = 403260167 which translates to:                        
       Invalid root, error stack:                                             
       PMPI_Bcast(2667): MPI_Bcast(buf=000001FC65A10540, count=5, MPI_DOUBLE, 
       root=-1, comm=0xc4000002) failed                                       
       PMPI_Bcast(2621): Invalid root (value given was -1).                   

Slave Process Output File .file7.out:

*** FATAL ***                           CP =    7122.359   TIME= 07:58:54
       MPI error code = 470369031 which translates to:                        
       Invalid root, error stack:                                             
       PMPI_Bcast(2667): MPI_Bcast(buf=000001818E686298, count=5, MPI_DOUBLE, 
       root=-1, comm=0xc4000005) failed                                       
       PMPI_Bcast(2621): Invalid root (value given was -1). 

There are no other warnings except this one, I've also tried to troubleshoot by searching this error online, but there is not much of an help. The simulation was supposed to run for 2 seconds, but it terminated at 0.17 seconds, I then did a second run, the same happened. Anyone have a clue of what happened here?

Best regards,

Yfian Yao

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Can you try to uncheck distributed as shown in image below and run it with Shared Memory parallel and see if that helps:

-Aniket

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• yy4g17
      Subscriber

Dear Aniket,

Hi, how do I change SMP or DMP in workbench?

Best regards,

YfianYao

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee

Which version are you using? Starting 2019R2, you can uncheck the "Distributed" checkbox as shown in the image above from the Solution ribbon tab in Mechanical application.

For earlier versions, you can go to Mechanical > Tools > Solve Process Settings > Advanced > Uncheck "Distribute Solution (If possible)"

-Aniket

Guidelines on the Student Community

How to access ANSYS help links

• yy4g17
      Subscriber

Dear Aniket,

Thanks for the reply, I've unchecked the distributed tickbox in 2020R1, because I've also had a play with APDL as well, and thought I have to choose it in a popup window like APDL...Is there a existing tutorial for APDL commands? I am currently trying to get the hydrostatic fluid elements act as inflation pressure for my tyre, but I'm not quite sure how to achieve this in APDL and the tutorials for applying this specific element seems quite advanced for a beginner, the picture below is the geometry I'm using.

• Wenlong
      Ansys Employee
    • yy4g17
      Subscriber

Hi,

Thanks for attaching the link, unfortunately I am currently using my University license, I cannot access this web page, is there a way around this?

Best regards,

Yifan Yao

• Aniket
      Ansys Employee
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.