January 13, 2022 at 2:06 pmapoynter1Subscriber
I am currently modelling MQW lasers based on the edge emitting laser example project. Am I able to add an upper, p-doped, and lower,n-doped, AlInAs cladding layer? In addition add a InP buffer layer between the substrate and quantum wells and InP, GaInAs highly doped p-contact layers?
Any guidence on how to add/change the above specifiactions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.January 19, 2022 at 9:32 amKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHi Thanks for reaching out. In this example, the layers you mentioned can be added in MODE which will be relevant for the optical properties such as confinement factor. To update the optical simulation you would need to manually adjust the project file and the associated script.
In MQW the quantum well and immediate barriers will be relevant for your gain calculation. YouÔÇÖd notice in the existing example only these layers are added to the simulation; you can check this in the MQW solver object once the runMQW.lsf script is run.
February 15, 2022 at 6:00 pmapoynter1SubscriberHi Thank you for your reply. Sorry for my delayed response. So I can add the layers via the GUI in mode then run the scripts again with the new layers added and the simulation will account for the additional layers?
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags