Fluids

Fluids

msmdbatt compiling the customized source code under Windows

• Candela
      Subscriber

Hello, I would like to ask about the use of 'user-accessible functions' in source code about battery simulations.

As far as I know, the source code located at 'cae_user.c'  could be editable.

This source code is written to be editable by designating a variable such as'USER_DEFINED_P2D_OCP' as '1'

.'Ansys Fluent User's Guide v194 32.3.10. User-Accessible Functions' also mentions the same.

For example, in the case of using a P2D model, the voltage value of the positive electrode will follow the command 'UPE = Get_U_PE_standard(x);' 240 lines in the file'cae_user.c'. This is the input value of the paper of'(2009)Cai & White', and different values must be used to simulate different batteries.

I modified the code to see if the output value changed, but the result did not change at all, and even if I deleted all the contents of the'cae_user.c' file, the simulation proceeded without problems.

In order to apply customized source code I refer 'user's guide 32.3.10.1.2. compiling the customized source code under windows'.

The battery mesh used in the calculation is attached as'unit_battey.msh' If you want an msh file, I can email it.

If you know anything about the problem I've described, please share it with me. Thank you.

• spatel
      Ansys Employee
      The documentation section you are referring to is correct and the steps should work. If you can provide details of all the steps you followed with images then that will be useful.
    • spatel
      Ansys Employee

I checked again and all works fine - make sure: 

- you are using Visual Studio 2017 – x64 native tools command prompt
      - you have set the Environment Variables 

" alt="">

- set the variable FLUENT_ADDONS in Fluent Launcher

" alt="">

• spatel
      Ansys Employee

I checked again and all works fine - make sure: 

- you are using Visual Studio 2017 – x64 native tools command prompt

- you have set the Environment Variables 

- set the variable FLUENT_ADDONS in Fluent Launcher

• DavFer
      Subscriber
      Hi,o news abotu the topic?n
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Samir asked you some questions, we're still waiting for an answer. n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.