General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Mterial properties- Alternating stress mean stress

• dlee0041
      Subscriber

hello 

I am receiving the error message 

"An error occurred inside the FATIGUE module: Invalid or missing stress life curve."

I believe I need to add the alternating stress mean stress into my Engineering data source as an material property for my material. I do not know the additional components that make up this property. I am working with the material Al 7075 t6. What properties am I missing.

I am also receiving an error message

" During this solution, the elapsed time exceeded the CPU time by an excessive margin.  Often this indicates either a lack of physical memory (RAM) required to efficiently handle this simulation or it indicates a particularly slow hard drive configuration.  This simulation can be expected to run faster on identical hardware if additional RAM or a faster hard drive configuration is made available.  For more details, please see the ANSYS Performance Guide which is part of the ANSYS Help system."

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

Yes, you would need the materials S-N Curves. I happen to have this material, you can digitize from this image:

In addition to this, you might just need the Tensile Ultimate Strength, which you should be able to get from a quick search.

Regards,
      Sandeep
      Best Practices on the Student Community

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi dlee,

The other part of your question refers to the message about elapsed time of the solution.

Here is the brief answer.

Here is one post out of a longer discussion about selecting a good computer for ANSYS that talks about RAM.

Regards,
      Peter

• chibennett
      Subscriber

SandeepMedikonda,

I am working on a school project that requires the use of AL 7075. Your SN curve for AL 7075 is the only one I can find. Can I please know your source for this? I would like to be able to give appropriate citations for this information. 

Thank you,

Michal

• chibennett
      Subscriber

SandeepMedikonda,

I am working on a school project that requires the use of AL 7075. Your S-N Curve for AL 7075 is the only one that I can seem to find. Could you please tell me your source for this information? I would like to give appropriate citations for this data. 

Thank you, 

Michal 

Hi,

Yes, you would need the materials S-N Curves. I happen to have this material, you can digitize from this image:

In addition to this, you might just need the Tensile Ultimate Strength, which you should be able to get from a quick search.

Regards,
      Sandeep
      Best Practices on the Student Community

• shubhammevada3112
      Subscriber

How to digitize the data from the image? I need this exact for my analsys but seems I can't find the cycles and stress accurate. Please help ASAP

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.