Fluids

Fluids

Multi-phase rotating drum simulation

• HardikPatel
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am working on washing machine drum simulation. I have to simulate this problem for rotating (clockwise-steady-Anti-clockwise as in loop) boundary condition. For that i am trying to import UDF file for the same but my solution has been diverging. I don't know whether the problem is in UDF file or in steps.  Please, if someone has some inputs regarding how to do this kind of simulation, It will be helpful.

Thanks.

• Raef.Kobeissi
      Subscriber

We need more information regarding the case. 

1. What is the purpose of the UDF?

2. Are you using Sliding mesh method or dynamic mesh?

3. is it 2D or 3D?

• HardikPatel
      Subscriber

Hello Sir,

It is a 3D model. I am using static mesh and just giving motion to the drum wall in the boundary condition. I don't know which method I should use.

I have to give rotation input for the drum and need to identify the flow pattern in the multi-phase fluid of water and air. I have to give rotation to the drum in a clockwise direction for few seconds, zero for few seconds and then anticlockwise for few seconds. While giving the rotation I am only able to give inputs in one direction (either clockwise or anticlockwise). I tried to find out option in Fluent but I couldn't find.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.