Materials

Materials

Multilayer metal deposition

• k_ujjwal
      Subscriber

Hi, i am trying to simulate multilayer metal deposition using 'element birth and death' technique.

I have glued the three volumes ie substrate, layer1,layer2 as shown in figure. Then, i am trying to kill the layer2 to simulate the deposition of layer1. At last, i will activate the layer2 and apply the load on the layer2.

Am i thinking in the right direction?

There are 43 loadsteps in each layer so i am using do loop but, i am getting following error,

Where do i place 'ekill' command in my code??

i am attaching the snapshot of the APDL script after meshing.

• kkhan
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nThis error is coming because LSSOLVE/LSWRITE cannot be used with the birth-death option. Please refer to the documentation: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v193/ans_cmd/Hlp_C_LSWRITE.html?q=lswritenYou might need to use Solve command instead of LSSOLVE to run the model.nn
    • sathya0708
      Subscriber
      Hi, nAny success in solving this? How to apply heat flux to a set of nodes that is not on the surface? In other words, how did you apply heat flux on Layer 1 with Layer2 elements killed? I keep getting message that no heat flux was applied. nThanksn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.