October 24, 2022 at 3:44 pmAhmed ShawkySubscriber
I am asking for assistance as my thesis is about the simulation of a multiphase aluminium oxide nanoparticle pneumatically in a carbon fibre composite pipe to figure out the main differences in the fluid regime between applying carbon fibre composite and carbon steel pipes with the same dimensions.
Would you please clarify or illustrate these two queries?
1. I am struggling in applying carbon fibre composites in Ansys fluent because of conducting my simulation on Ansys 2022 R2 Student version. In addition, GRANTA MDS Database is not available on the student version, so is there any way to get a license for ANSYS to complete my thesis?
2. Is it applicable to include the pipe in the multiphase (air–aluminium oxide nanoparticles) flow simulation?
I mean to add the carbon fibre composite pipe as the wall and the multiphase flow (air – aluminium oxide particles) as the domain in the simulation or only the multiphase flow materials (air – aluminium oxide particles) should be included during the simulation, while the pipe material has no effect on the domain simulation?
Many thanks for your consideration.
October 25, 2022 at 9:01 amRobAnsys Employee
What do you expect the pipe material to do to the flow? Other than roughness the pipes won't have any effect.
October 25, 2022 at 4:28 pmAhmed ShawkySubscriber
Hi Mr. rob,
I thought the carbon fibre's orientation may have an influence side by side with the roughness.
Thanks for your attention.
October 25, 2022 at 4:39 pmRobAnsys Employee
It might, but that's going to be more a factor of the finish than the materal property.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Workbench error
- Workbench not opening
- License Error
- How can I renew ANSYS student version license?
- Licensing error while opening ANSYS Mechanical
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.