Ansys Products

Ansys Products

multiphase flow simulation in carbon fiber composite pipe

• Ahmed Shawky
      Subscriber

I am asking for assistance as my thesis is about the simulation of a multiphase aluminium oxide nanoparticle pneumatically in a carbon fibre composite pipe to figure out the main differences in the fluid regime between applying carbon fibre composite and carbon steel pipes with the same dimensions.

Would you please clarify or illustrate these two queries?

1.       I am struggling in applying carbon fibre composites in Ansys fluent because of conducting my simulation on Ansys 2022 R2 Student version. In addition, GRANTA MDS Database is not available on the student version, so is there any way to get a license for ANSYS to complete my thesis?

2.       Is it applicable to include the pipe in the multiphase (air–aluminium oxide nanoparticles) flow simulation?
      I mean to add the carbon fibre composite pipe as the wall and the multiphase flow (air – aluminium oxide particles) as the domain in the simulation or only the multiphase flow materials (air – aluminium oxide particles) should be included during the simulation, while the pipe material has no effect on the domain simulation?

Many thanks for your consideration.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

What do you expect the pipe material to do to the flow? Other than roughness the pipes won't have any effect. 

• Ahmed Shawky
      Subscriber

Hi Mr. rob, 

I thought the carbon fibre's orientation may have an influence side by side with the roughness. 

Thanks for your attention. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

It might, but that's going to be more a factor of the finish than the materal property. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.