February 26, 2023 at 12:32 amfatima ZmimSubscriber
hello every one. I want to simulate (air and water) inside cylindre and this cylindre inside the box,but I have the divergence probleme for energy whethere i use multiphase model or not.I got this message when i run calculat "Turbulenve velocity limited to viscosity ratio of 1.000000e+05
plase help me to solve my probleme..
February 27, 2023 at 5:57 amSRPSubscriber
I suggest to try few things:
1) Refine the mesh where you there are sharp velocity gradients.
2) Try to adjust the relaxation factor.
3) If you are running a transient simulation, reduce the time step size and increase the number of iterations per time step.
4) You should also confirm that the turbulence model you are employing is appropriate for your particular issue.
Hope you find this useful.
March 1, 2023 at 9:26 pmfatima ZmimSubscriber
thank you for your reply, but on we can adjust relaxation factor?
yes i use transient simulation and my problem is i want to simulat water temperature for one day with time step 30 and time step size 30 with user deffin function.
is the problem in time step size and is that necessiry to reduce the time step size for solve my problem
March 2, 2023 at 5:38 amSRPSubscriber
Numerical stability and inaccuracy are influenced by time step size. Your results can be meaningless if you choose a really large step size because the resulting numerical approach is unstable. Reduce the time step to get a stable numerical technique since the fluid flow field often exhibits considerable oscillations.
March 2, 2023 at 7:00 amfatima ZmimSubscriber
thank you for you reply
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error in cfd post
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.