Fluids

Fluids

Multiple errors on Cold Flow Simulation (IC Engine)

• Dimithom2
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am running a Cold Flow Simulation on Ansys IC Engine (Fluent) following all the steps accordingly from the ANSYS User's Guide. However it all goes well until I reach "Setup". There, by the time I open it I immediately get an error "error: - (subtract): invalid argument [1]: wrong type [not a number]". If I ignore it and run calculation then I get "Floating point exception" or/and "Dynamic Mesh Failed-Negative cell volume detected" or/and "Error: GENERAL-CAR-CDR: invalid argument [1]: improper list Error Object: ()" and/ or "Divergence detected in AMG Solver :Epsilon". So many errors. I have tried changing almost everything on the Setup (like enabling Local Face, Remeshing, Lowering URF and more) nothing worked completely. Calculation never starts. My mesh was done according to the guide (coarse, max.skewness : 0.89 with avg : 0.24, no errors)(Time step: 2.0833e-5 s. Tried other time steps still nothing). Preview Mesh is not working either.

Any information that could help solve the issue is highly appreciated. Screenshots can be uploaded if needed.

PS: I am using Student version 2021 R2 (same happened for 2019 version). Could a licenced version solve the issues?

• RK
      Ansys Employee
      Hello,
      What are you setting up in the Setup cell in Fluent which leads you to this error?
    • Dimithom2
      Subscriber
      Thank you for responding. A solution was found. Fluent had a bug which confused lift/stroke with crank angle deg. Solving this in accordance with some configurations and simplec instead of Piso(default) let me run calculation.
      However now when I open CFD-Post (results) it shows "an error occurred initializing cfd-post : application error(s)". Messenges shows "error XXX file not found (on dp0/ICE/Report/ directory)" 4 times and also error "points defining the plane are coincident or collinear". Any solutions to this?
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.