Fluids

Fluids

multizone mesh manual selection in ANSYS 2020R2

• Lugia_06
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I am practicing on this ANSYS how to video "ANSYS Fluent: Dynamic Mesh Problem for a Piston and Reed Valve"(

" rel="nofollow">
      ) but got stuck at the multizone mesh.

I know in older versions there is a manual selection section that allows me to select specific faces on ANSYS but in 2020 R2 it does not seem have it. So I was wondering if anyone could show me how I could manually select faces for multizone.

• Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Here is a link of the old version tutorial on how to manually select faces.
      help will be very much appreciated .n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Please make sure if you have selected a body when you are picking the 'Multizone' method. Please see the screenshot below.nnThanks.nKarthikn
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Hi Karthik, nThank you for reply. I have selected body and and multizone but it does not seem to show Src/Trg Selection or source under definition. Is that one of the limitations in research liscence?.Best regards,nLugian
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Here is the screenshot of details shows when I selected multizone. How should I enable src/trg selection or source setting? Thanks in advancenn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Are you in 2d? I think the mesh direction is only valid for 3d? n
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Thanks Karthik and Rob!nHowever, in the offcial ansys how to video it's 2D and multizone. Just wondering if you could explain how this was done in ansys fluent meshing tool? Should that be using an ICEM? or simply transfer the original model from 2D to 3D?nBest regards,nLugian
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nSince you are solving a 2D model, in the regions you want to build a structured mesh, please use a 'Mapped Meshing' operation and provide the necessary edge sizing). You should also be able to provide the necessary bias factors to ensure that the mesh gets clustered along the edges.nI hope this helps.nThanks.nKarthikn
    • Lugia_06
      Subscriber
      Thank you so much Karthik! Problem solved.n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Excellent! n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.