Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

My Ansys Workbench 19.2 opens but doesn’t open

• josedjad
      Subscriber

Hello, when I open my Ansys Workbench it doesn't let me access it. I can see the app is open in my windows taskbar but it doesn't let me to actually open it. I already tried rebooting my pc, but it didn't work.

Could you please provide me with help?

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Hi josedjad ,

Try this,

close all ANSYS related applications

open CMD Prompt, then issue the following command (copy and paste the entire line)

move %appdata%ansysv192 %appdata%ansysv192.back

Does this help ?

Thank you,

Win

• cseavs42
      Subscriber

I had this same issue.  Using this solution worked for me.  Thanks for the help!

• tsiriaks
      Ansys Employee

Welcome, thank you for letting us know.

• essbrennt
      Subscriber

Thank you so much! Also worked for the newer versions. ex. just change v192 to v194.

• anu575dix
      Subscriber

Hi tsiriaks,

I am using ANSYS workbench 19 R2. I can see the app is open in my windows taskbar but it doesn't let me to actually open it.

I tried the method you suggested above but that didn't work. Could you please advice how can I solve this issue?

Thanks.

Anupam

• oswaldo
      Subscriber
      Hitsiriaks ,Thank you so much, you saved my life. It's really interesting, I had the same problem in two different computers, the last one is a yoga 7 series pro 2021, which supposed to be a 'best'.nAnyways, from your line I had to adjust the version number that is the last one student version in 2021 (you can verify your version going into pc/c:/program files/Ansys Inc/Ansys student. Probably, this will help for future versions. move %appdata%\\ansys\\v212 %appdata%\\ansys\\v212.back Thanks, Oswaldon
    • cfdasdf
      Subscriber
      Hello, I have the same problem (v212) but the suggested solution does not work for me (syntax error). Anything obvious I am doing wrong here? Thanks
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Possibly, the appdata is in a hidden folder in C:\\Users\\userID\\AppData find the Ansys folders & rename.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.