Electronics

Electronics

my electric motor simulation in fluent is showing temp. in range of 4e3. where I made mistake?

• ymore
      Subscriber
      Hi,nI am working on coupling maxwell with fluent for a transient simulation on an electric motor. temperature results are in the range of 4e3 which is too large. did I make a mistake anywhere?nhow do I set up the fluent cases? how to name components for mapping data from maxwell to fluent.nI wanted to validate the cooling channel design for an electric motor, so where can I add cooling channel geometry after creating the maxwell model from RMxprt. should I use UDP from maxwell to add geometry to the model or else during fluent case set up so that only rotor, stator, and magnets are mapped for loss calculations? nFor cooling channel validation, should be I using MRF inside coupled fluent so that coupled temp distribution is determined or should I transfer coupled temp results to a new fluent window?nplease help me.nThanks in advancenn
    • Navya C
      Ansys Employee
      Hi @ymore,nYou can look at these well-explained tutorials from the below link for maxwell fluent coupling.nArrayIf you are using a student version of the software you can follow the below forum discussion to understand how to get to this link.nIf you are using a student version of the software you can follow the below forum discussion to understand how to get to this link.nnFor the cooling channel, if the housing available from UDPs in Maxwell works for you you can use that or you can import a cooling system housing if you have it as a CAD model.nYou can set the housing as a nonmodel in maxwell and run the simulation.nIt advised having your cooling channel in maxwell though it is not participating in the electromagnetic simulation.nnRegards,nNavya
    • ymore
      Subscriber
      Hi Navya,nThanks for answering. I am a registered user of ALH and I have worked with many electric machines courses including maxwell getting started, advanced motor training, and thermal management with fluent. I raised questions there but all moderators told me to raise service requests with Ansys support. However, I am a master's student and I don't have access to the customer portal. I am familiar with the system coupling tutorials and theory guide. still, I am facing an issue with the simulation as the temperature is larger beyond the limit. that's why I am asking questions here. please help me to resolve the issue with larger temperatures.nThank you.nYogeshn
    • Stephen Orlando
      Ansys Employee
      Hi Yogesh,nI recommend going through the Fluent Getting Started and Fluent Heat Transfer training courses on the Ansys Learning Hub to better understand how to set up a Fluent case. Then try setting up a Fluent only version of your case where you estimate the thermal heat generation. Then once this is running, you can run a coupled simulation with Fluent and Maxwell. The following tutorial that Navya suggested will show you how to use System Coupling to set up this coupled simulation. The main idea here is to start with a basic simulation and add complexity.nSteven
    • ymore
      Subscriber
      Hi Steve,nThanks for answering. Actually, I am a CAE student and I am familiar with the courses you are suggesting. The issue lies with the coupling. I also gone through scripting guides and still not found anything with transient simulation on coupled maxwell and fluent. please comment on guidelines or best practices to rectify the temperature disparity issue.nRegards,nYogeshn
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.