General Mechanical

General Mechanical

My fatigue crack simulation can’t be solved using SMART Crack Growth

• ZHOO001
      Subscriber

“An error occurred inside the POST PROCESSING module.” shows up when I wanted to compute the number of cycles for crack propagation using SMART Crack Growth. I'm using 2020 R2 Workbench. The attached documents are the simulation file. It's just a 60 x 30 x 1mm plate containing a centered semi-elliptical crack

Please help!

• ZHOO001
      Subscriber
      To add on, I already assigned Paris Law to the material as well as choosing "Yes" for SIF and "No" for J-integral. I also have turned on the crack face nodes

• David Weed
      Ansys Employee
      according to one of the warning messages, it appears that the simulation failed to solve to completion. The reason for the error and red lightning bolt upon post-processing is most likely because a result object is requesting data that is beyond the last successfully solved time value. I would suggest either deleting all result objects and re-creating them or set the time in the result objects to the last successfully converged time value. Also, I unfortunately am not authorized to view your project, but looking at the solve.out may reveal why the simulation failed to completely solve.
    • ZHOO001
      Subscriber
      what do you mean ÔÇ£ last successfully converged time valueÔÇØ? Where can I set the time value ?
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.