September 11, 2023 at 9:14 pmSarah StevensonSubscriber
I am running large simulations in HFSS 23.1 on a research computing cluster via batch jobs. I set the temp directory to be in a scratch folder where I have plenty of disk space by specifying the variable 'tempdirectory' in my batch.cfg file. For most simulations, the temp files appear in the specified directory. However, when I run frequency sweeps, temp files appear in (my home folder on the cluster)/Ansoft/.temp. My home folder is limited to a small amount of space, so it fills up and the simulation fails. I found this post https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/how-to-fix-discrete-sweep-failing-with-unexpected-failure/ and I wonder if the problem is related to that mentioned in the last comment – I am also using discrete frequency sweeps – but the temp directory I specify does not have any spaces or special characters in the name, only numbers, letters, and / to specify the path. How can I redirect all the temp files to my specified temp directory?
September 20, 2023 at 3:17 pmrandykAnsys Employee
The default tempdirectory is specified in the AEDT installation /path/v231/Linux64/config/default.cfg
As you have indicated, this can be overridden by using the batchoption ‘tempdirectory’=’/tmppath'
If the specified folder is not available on the solving computer(s), the solver should revert to system TMP or TMPDIR environment variables.
However, if those also fail, we try using something like: $HOME/Ansoft/.temp
1. confirm all involved execution hosts have the folder you are referencing in your batchoption override.
- also that the specified folder is writable
2. share the contents of //v231/Linux64/config/default.cfg
3. share the top 20 lines from the project.aedt.batchinfo/project_
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.