February 28, 2022 at 3:03 pmtwnsplSubscriber
I wanted to replicate the NAFEMS composite laminate benchmark test as described in this link:https://classes.engineering.wustl.edu/2009/spring/mase5513/abaqus/docs/v6.6/books/bmk/default.htm?startat=ch04s09anf81.html)
I recreated the composite part using ansys acp and conducted the study using static structural with boundary conditions and loading as described in the source material. However I am not able to get the same deflection as the NAFEMS result. I have attached few screenshots to help. Where can the mistake be ?February 28, 2022 at 4:05 pmErik KostsonAnsys EmployeeHi
This benchmark exists in the Ansys verification manual:
VMR031-T1 281 Input Listing (ansys.com)
Hope this helps and
All the best
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.